Returning for 2019 for the 3rd year: Ashbourne 10 is a 5k, 10k or 10mile trail run on a smooth path.
Turn points are set up along the route at 2.5k, 5k and 5mile & waterstations will be along the route.
The route isn't flat as your outward section is a very gradual incline, but for every uphill there is a downhill! The 2nd half of your race is all set on a gradual decline which should feel fantastic once the legs have warmed up & you can get those feet flying! The total climb for the 10mile is just under 400ft (123m).
The 5k run / walk is for all levels. This event can be a gentle stroll with the family or a race to get your 5km PB.
The ground has a hard surface. It is firm & even in most places - The Tissington Trail is open to the public & there may be walkers & cyclists & horse riders using the trail.
Car parking - there will be NO car parking available at Ashbourne Leisure Centre as the finish line & race village are held in the car park. Please use a public car park in Ashbourne. There are limited free parking spaces (max 4 hours) at Halfords just a few minutes walk away at Waterside Retail Park, Ashbourne, DE6 1DG. Please car share to save our environment.
We welcome Canicross Runners across all distances - water stations will be provided to dogs regularly out on course & at Race Village. Your dog will need to wear a running harness & be used to running with you. Remember they need to train too! Don't expect your dog to run a distance just because you can! Please clean up after your dog & keep your dog on a lead at all times. Please book on in the correct distance (5k/10k/10m) & use the Canicross category.
BAG DROP - We are partnering with CHICKS - Registered Charity 1080953 - who are in attendance with volunteers to man the secure baggage drop. Please bring £1 per bag. "CHICKS provides free, week-long respite breaks for disadvantaged children aged between 8 - 15 living in the UK. We believe every child has the right to make positive childhood memories!"
There will be waves of athletes to avoid congestion on the trail. These times may be subject to change.
- 10k & 10mile Canicross race 9.30am
- 10 mile at 09:45 09:50 09:55 in waves
- 10k at 10:00 10:05 in waves
- 5k & 5k Canicross at 10:10
The usual SBR Events fun is included and the following will be present at the event:
- 5k run/walk race
- 10km and 10mile run race
- Chip timing
- Limited free car parking 5-10min walk away
- Water stations along the course
- Route fully marshalled and signposted
- Distance markers
- Bespoke race finishers medal for everyone
- 5k & 10k & 10mile Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd man & woman
- Certificates for all participants which are emailed out to you including age group placings
- Different certificates for Canicross have paw prints on them & details of your category
- Free post race massage from qualified sports therapists
- Free photos to download & share - from Marc Dewhurst
- Full medical provision
- Ideal for First-Timer to Elite
- Race Village with hot food and drink for sale
- Bespoke hoodies and T-shirts for sale