Louth Triathlon 2017
Louth Triathlon is back on Sunday 3rd September - a friendly all-inclusive event for novices through to elite athlites. Part of the Lincolnshire Triathlon Series with Skegness Triathlon on Sunday 14th May.
A very popular event for 1st timers as well as the more experienced triathlete! Our venue is the Meridian Leisure Centre (MLC) in Louth, a clean and modern 25m heated pool. Moving through transition you have a short run down the hill to the bike mount line. We moved transition into the neighbouring school fields to the north of MLC during 2015, creating a safer transition area and a dedicated route out onto the bike element. The bike section is still a technical course and gives you the chance to ride along some quiet Lincolnshire country roads. Although relatively flat the route has been described as a great bike route as 'it doesn't allow you to stay in the saddle'.
The run takes you around some of the lanes in Louth and up an old disused train line along Railway Walk. The walk is very picturesque and a little hidden gem in Louth, and possibly the best part of the race. The water station is positioned so you can get liquid refreshment twice along the 2 lap course. Railway Walk will be closed to the general public on race day, so you can enjoy the tree lined path without interruption.
Louth Aquathlon is added to the 2017 lineup. So if you fancy a shorter race over the swim and run elements you can enter this race. Held on the same day, you will head from the pool straight onto the run, after collecting your trainers in transition. We think this is a great way to try a multi-sport race. Places are limited to 50 entries on this race.
- Addition of Louth Aquathlon
- 2nd & final part of the Lincolnshire Triathlon Series
- Chip timing
- Secure transition
- Regular water stations on the run
- Route fully marshalled and signposted
- Bespoke finishers medal
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd trophies for male and female - LouthTriathlon
- V40, V50, V60 Age Group trophies for male and female - LouthTriathlon
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd trophies - Louth Triathlon Teams
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd trophies for male and female - Louth Aquathlon
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd trophies for male and female - Lincolnshire Tri Series
- Free race photos to download & share
- Race merchandise
- Sports therapist for post race massage
- Full medical provision
- Ideal for novice through to elite
To enter under BTF affiliation you must have a valid BTF membership number at time of booking.
PRICES (Rising to FULL PRICE at 11.59pm 1st May 2017:
· BTF Affiliated £30 (£36)
· Non-BTF Affiliated £35 (£41)
· Team £45 (£50)
· BTF Affiliated £22 (£27)
· Non-BTF Affiliated £27 (£32)
· Team £33 (£38)
LINCOLNSHIRE TRIATHLON SERIES (SKEGNESS & LOUTH TRIATHLON - not Aquathlon)
EARLY BIRD FOR LINCS TRI SERIES GOES UP WITH SKEGNESS TRI PRICING ON 28th Feb 2017
· BTF Affiliated £57
· Non-BTF Affiliated £67
· Team £86 (as teams may be a mix of BTF & non BTF members please bring your BTF members card OR £5 for non BTF members day licence on race day)
FULL PRICE AFTER 28th FEB 2017
· BTF Affiliated £64
· Non-BTF Affiliated £74
· Team £96 (as teams may be a mix of BTF & non BTF members please bring your BTF members card OR £5 for non BTF members day licence on race day)
TEAMS: The triathlon team consists of 2 or 3 members. If your team has 2 members, the first member will conduct the swim and the run and the 2nd member will conduct the bike. If your team has 3 members, 1 member conducts EITHER the swim, the bike or the run. The team can consist of British Triathlon Federation members and non-members. Any non-members must pay their £5.00 Day Licence fee at registration on the day of the event. For the Aquathlon the team will consist of 2 members, 1 on the swim and 1 on the run.
You will only be able to ENTER the Lincolnshire Triathlon Series up to the date when Skegness Triathlon online entries close - OR if you competed at Skegness you need to book onto Louth Triathlon & you will be automatically entered into the series.
The Lincolnshire Triathlon Series comprises of 2 races in 2017, Skegness Triathlon on Sunday 14th May and Louth Triathlon on Sunday 3rd September.
Entries for Louth Triathlon event will close 11.59pm Monday 21st August.
Write a quick review of Skegness Triathlon or read reviews of previous races here: Louth Triathlon Reviews
We will inform you if places are likely to sell out with an update on here & across social media (for on the day entries).
Like our Facebook page to keep up to date with new events! ~ SBR Events Facebook page
We also send updated info on Twitter ~ SBReventsUK Twitter