Ashbourne 10 2017
Brand new for 2017 is the latest addition to our 10k/10mile series; Ashbourne 10.
Turn points are set up along the route at 2.5k, 5k and 5mile & waterstations will be along the route.
The route isn't flat as your outward section is a very gradual incline, but for every uphill there is a downhill! The 2nd half of your race is all set on a gradual decline which should feel fantastic once the legs have warmed up & you can get those feet flying! The total climb for the 10mile is just under 400ft (123m).
The 5k run / walk is for all levels. This event can be a gentle stroll with the family or a race to get your 5km PB.
The ground has a hard surface. It is firm & even in most places - The Tissington Trail is open to the public & there may be walkers & cyclists & horse riders using the trail.
Car parking - there will be NO car parking available at Ashbourne Leisure Centre as the finish line & race village are held in the car park. Please use a public car park in Ashbourne. There are limited free parking (max 4 hours) at Halfords just a few minutes walk away at Waterside Retail Park, Ashbourne, DE6 1DG. Please car share to save our environment.
We welcome Canicross Runners across all distances - water stations will be provided to dogs regularly out on course & at Race Village. We recommend your dog wears a running harness & is used to running with you. Remember they need to train too! Don't expect your dog to run a distance just because you can! Please clean up after your dog & keep your dog on a lead at all times. Please book on using the right distance Canicross category.
The usual SBR Events fun is included and the following will be present at the event:
- Trail Runners Association permit
- 5k run/walk race
- 10km and 10mile run race
- Chip timing
- Limited free car parking 5-10min walk away
- Water stations along the course
- Route fully marshalled and signposted
- Distance markers
- Bespoke race finishers medal for everyone
- 10k & 10mile Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd man & woman and 1st man & woman in age group (Age 40-49, 50-59, 60-69)
- 5k Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd man & woman and 1st Veteran man & woman (40+)
- 5k 10k & 10miles Certificates for 1st Canicross
- 5k Certificates for 2nd & 3rd Veteran man & woman (40+)
- 5k, 10k & 10mile certificates for 1st man & woman in age group (40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69)
- Sports therapist for post race massage - free
- Free photos to download & share - from Marc Dewhurst
- Full medical provision
- Ideal for First-Timer to Elite
- Race Village with hot food and drink for sale
- Bespoke hoodies and T-shirts for sale