Ashbourne Seesaw 2022
The award winning - Ashbourne SeeSaw is a 5k, 10k, 10mile or half marathon out-and-back route along the Tissington Trail starting & finishing in the Ashbourne Leisure Centre car park. This is a beautiful route with amazing views from the former train line across the Derbyshire Dales. Enjoy the stunning views and abundance of wildlife.
The 5k run / walk is for all levels. This event can be a gentle stroll with the family or a race to get your 5km PB.
There will be waves of athletes to avoid congestion on the trail. These times may be subject to change.
EARLYBIRD PRICES END SUNDAY 3rd OCTOBER - BOOK EARLY FOR BEST VALUE!
- 5k & 10k Canicross - 8.30 (to be off course approx 9.30am)
- 10mile & half marathon - 09:45
- 5k &10k - 10:00
Turn points are set up along the route at 2.5k, 5k, 5mile & 6.55 miles. Waterstations will be along the route. The route isn't flat as your outward section is a very gradual incline, but for every uphill there is a downhill!
The ground has a hard surface. It is firm & even in most places - The Tissington Trail is open to the public & there may be walkers & cyclists & horse riders using the trail.
COVID- 19 addtional safety measures will be reviewed in January 2022.
Car parking - there will be NO car parking available at Ashbourne Leisure Centre as the finish line & race village are held in the car park. Please use a public car park in Ashbourne. There are limited free parking spaces (max 4 hours) at Halfords just a few minutes walk away at Waterside Retail Park, Ashbourne, DE6 1DG. Please car share to save our environment.
We welcome Canicross Runners on 5k &10k - water stations will be provided to dogs regularly out on course & at Race Village. Your dog will need to wear a running harness & be used to running with you. Please clean up after your dog & keep on a lead at all times. Please book on in the correct distance (5k/10k) & use the Canicross category. Separate start time at 08:30am & run before everyone else ensuring there aren’t any dogs running on the course at the same time as other athletes. The trail is not wide enough to accommodate 2-way runners with Canicross runners at the same time.
BAG DROP - We are partnering with CHICKS - Registered Charity 1080953 - who are in attendance with volunteers to man the secure baggage drop. Please bring a donation for EACH bag. "CHICKS provides free, week-long respite breaks for disadvantaged children aged between 8 - 15 living in the UK. We believe every child has the right to make positive childhood memories!"
The usual SBR Events fun is included and the following will be present at the event:
- Chip timing
- Limited free car parking 5-10min walk away
- Water stations along the course
- Route fully marshalled and signposted
- Distance markers
- Bespoke race finishers medal for everyone
- 5k & 10k & 10mile & HM Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd man & woman
- Certificates for all participants which are emailed out to you including age group placings
- Different certificates for Canicross have paw prints on them & details of your category
- Free post race massage from qualified sports therapists
- Free photos to download & share - from Marc Dewhurst
- Full medical provision
- Ideal for First-Timer to Elite
- Race Village with hot food and drink for sale
- Bespoke hoodies and T-shirts for sale
- Individual Entry £28 (£36)
- Individual Entry £24 (£30)
- Individual Entry £20 (£26)
5k family friendly run / walk
- Individual £12 (£15)
- Child £9 (£10)
- Family ticket (2 adults & 2 children) £38 (£45)
- Family ticket (2 adults & 3-4 children) £47 (£55)