Grimsthorpe 10 2017
NEW for 2017
Grimsthorpe 10 is our 4th instalment of our 10/10 series. If you raced and enjoyed either of Thoresby10 or The Longhorn, then you'll love this new trail run!
Set in the beautiful grounds of Grimsthorpe Castle, in the delightfully charming Lincolnshire countryside just 10mins off the A1. This event makes for a perfect summer race, whether you take on the family friendly 5k or go for the longer challenge of 13.1 miles.
ENTRIES CLOSE FRIDAY 11th June
RACE NUMBERS AND TIMING CHIPS ARE COLLECTED ON RACE DAY - FINAL RACE EMAIL & PARTICIPANT LISTS WERE EMAILED EARLY THIS MORNING & ADDED TO THE WEBSITE - IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED IT PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org :-)
ON THE DAY ENTRY MUST BE BEFORE 10am - Cash only please
13.1 miles £40 10 miles - £35 10k - £30 5km - SOLD OUT
The 4 routes take you past various delights within the private grounds including the castle, lake, tree lined tarmac avenues, ancient woodland along grassed paths and a victorian railway culvet. The train line no longer exists, but the 10 and 13.1 mile routes travel along this section and take you to a part of the world generally unseen by the public.
The race start/finish line will be in front of the castle along the driveway, offering a unique venue just like our other 10/10 races. We will have the usual friendly event atmosphere that we bring to all of our races, & amazing bling - making this perfect for your 1st, 2nd or 100th race!
Like our other 10/10 races we hope you'll come as a family and take the opportunity to enter the 'little legs' into the 5k race. A simple, not too challenging distance that we invite ages of 4+ along to. Plus ALL finishers receive a bespoke race medal!
Please note elevation on the route maps - you start up at the Castle & run downhill towards the lake - there are several undulations on the course with outstanding views.
We've also included the following:
- Trail Runners Association permit
- 13.1 mile run race
- 10k run race
- 10 mile run race
- 5k run/walk race
- Entries for Canicross and British Nordic Walking
- Chip timing
- Regular water stations around the course for both 2 and 4 legged runners
- Toilet on course
- Route fully marshalled and signposted
- Distance markers
- Bespoke race finishers medal - beautiful bling for everyone!
- Trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd male & female
- Shock Absorber sports bra for female winner - (10k, 10miles & half marathon only)
- Trophies for Veteran Winners; Male 40+ & Female 35+
- Canicross Winner Trophies
- TrueStart Coffee Packs for Podium winners & free trial packs for all participants
- Nordic Walking Winner Certificates
- Age group Certificates
- Free race photos to download & share
- Free post race massage from local Sports therapists
- Race merchandise
- Full medical provision
- Ideal for novice through to elite
- Race village with hot food and beverages for sale
- Good Spuds providing high quality hot breakfasts & bacon butties & more!
- Pete - The ice-cream van (if it's sunny!)
- Free onsite parking - please car share to save our environment.
- Bespoke hoodies & t-shirts for sale
See you on SUNDAY 25th JUNE to run around Lincolnshire's most beautiful course.
Like our Facebook page to keep up to date with new events!
We will also send updated information on Twitter
We welcome Canicross and British Nordic Walking to this event. For the doggies, water stations will be provided to dogs regularly out on course & at Race Village. We recommend your dog wears a running harness & is used to running with you. Remember they need to train too! Don't expect your dog to run a distance just because you can! Please clean up after your dog & keep your dog on a lead at all times as this is a farming area. Please book on using Canicross category. Canicross entries are open across all 4 distances, BNW entries are open up to 10 miles due to time allowances on the course.
FAMILY TICKET ALLOWS 2 ADULTS & UP TO 4 CHILDREN
CHILD IS A PERSON UNDER 15 YEARS OLD ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT
EARLY BIRD PRICES END Sunday April 30th 2017 (Full prices in brackets):
- Child £5.00 (£6.00)
- Adult (16yrs+) EA Affiliated £7.00 (£9.00)
- Adult (16yrs+) EA Non-Affiliated £9.00 (£11.00)
- Family (2 adults and up to 4 children) £23.00 (£28.00)
- Canicross/BNW £7.00 (£9.00)
- Non affiliated Canicross/BNW £9.00 (£11.00)
- EA Affilliated £16.00 (£21.00)
- Non-EA Affilliated £18.00 (£23.00)
- Canicross/BNW £16.00 (£21.00)
- Non affiliated Canicross/BNW £18.00 (£23.00)
- EA Affilliated £20.00 (£25.00)
- Non-EA Affilliated £22.00 (£27.00)
- Canicross/BNW £20.00 (£25.00)
- Non Affiliated Canicross/BNW £22.00 (£27.00)
- EA Affiliated £24.00 (£30.00)
- Non-EA Afilliated £26.00 (£32.00)
- Canicross/BNW £24.00 (£30.00)
- Non Affiliated Canicross/BNW £26.00 (£32.00)
ON THE DAY ENTRY MUST BE BEFORE 10am - AVAILABLE IF PLACES DON'T SELL OUT
13.1 miles £40
10km - £30
10 miles - £35
5km - adult £14, child £7, family ticket £35
We will inform you if places are likely to sell out with an update on here & across social media (for on the day entries).
Like our Facebook page to keep up to date with new events! ~ SBR Events Facebook page