Grimsthorpe Gallop 2019
Grimsthorpe Gallop back for it's 3rd year! Join us on this beautiful trail run...
Set in the beautiful grounds of Grimsthorpe Castle, in the delightfully charming Lincolnshire countryside just 10mins off the A1. This event makes for a perfect summer race, whether you take on the family friendly 5k or go for the longer challenges of 10k, 10miles or 13.1 miles.
ONLINE ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED!
RACE NUMBERS WITH TIMING CHIPS ATTACHED & PRE-ORDERED T-SHIRTS ARE COLLECTED ON RACE DAY AT REGISTRATION
THE FINAL RACE INFORMATION HAS BEEN EMAILED TO ALL PARTICIPANTS ON WEDS 19TH JUNE
If you have NOT received it then email firstname.lastname@example.org & there may be a typo in your email address & you will miss further updates from us. There is a copy of the document saved as a PDF on this website page. Please read it.
ON THE DAY ENTRIES ARE WELCOME: CASH ONLY PLEASE
5K - £10 CHILD /£15 ADULT 10K - £30 10MILES - £35 HM - £40
ALL RACE STARTS ARE NOW BETWEEN 9am-9.30am (to beat the heat!) - oh... the irony - lol!
The 4 routes take you past various delights within the private grounds including the castle, lake, tree lined tarmac avenues, ancient woodland along grassed paths and a victorian railway culvet. The train line no longer exists, but the 10 and 13.1 mile routes travel along this section and take you to a part of the world generally unseen by the public.
The race start/finish line will be in front of the castle along the driveway, offering a unique venue. We will have the usual friendly event atmosphere that we bring to all of our races, & amazing bling - making this perfect for your 1st, 2nd or 100th race!
Like our other races we hope you'll come as a family and take the opportunity to enter the 'little legs' into the 5k race. A simple, not too challenging distance that we invite ages of 4+ along to. Plus ALL finishers receive a bespoke race medal!
Please note elevation on the route maps - you start up at the Castle & run downhill towards the lake - there are several undulations (hills) on the course with outstanding views.
Due to the increased temperatures the past 2 years we have decided to have an earlier start time! Feel free to bring a picninc & enjoy the park after your race.
We've also included the following:
- 13.1 mile run race
- 10k run race
- 10 mile run race
- 5k run/walk race
- Entries for Canicross and British Nordic Walking
- Chip timing
- Regular water stations around the course for both 2 and 4 legged runners
- Toilet on course
- Route fully marshalled and signposted
- Distance markers
- Bespoke race finishers medal - beautiful bling for everyone!
- Trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd male & female
- Trophies for Veteran Winners; Male 40+ & Female 35+
- Canicross Winner Trophies
- Nordic Walking Winner Certificates
- Age group Certificates
- Free race photos to download & share
- Free post race massage from local Sports therapists
- Race merchandise
- Full medical provision
- Ideal for novice through to elite
- Race village with hot food and beverages for sale
- Good Spuds providing high quality hot breakfasts & bacon butties & more!
- The Muffin Top providing fresh home-made muffins, snacks & drinks
- Pete - The ice-cream van (if it's sunny!)
- Bespoke hoodies & t-shirts for sale
Please note there will be £2 per car (not per person) carpark fee. 100% will go to registered charity no 507478; Grimsthorpe & Drummond Castle Trust Limited......... Aims & activities; The preservation and enhancement, for the public benefit, of Grimsthorpe Castle in Lincolnshire and Drummond Castle in Perthshire and their gardens and parkland together with the collections of art, furniture and the family and estate archives associated with the properties. PLEASE bring cash to speed up the parking process & avoid queues.
Like our Facebook page to keep up to date with new events!
We will also send updated information on Twitter
We welcome Canicross and British Nordic Walking to this event. For the doggies, water stations will be provided to dogs regularly (every mile) out on course & at Race Village. We recommend your dog wears a running harness & is used to running with you. Remember they need to train too! Don't expect your dog to run a distance just because you can! Please clean up after your dog & keep your dog on a lead at all times as this is a farming area. Please book on using Canicross category. Canicross & BNW races are not under UKA rules & do not offer EA affilliated discount. Canicross entries & BNW entries are open up to 10 miles due to time allowances on the course & increased temperatures for the dogs. Canicross start times will be earlier than the first race start to protect the dogs from the heat.
Our chosen charity – Lincs & Notts Air Ambulance are kindly assisting with the baggage drop this year. We are politely asking for a minimum donation of £1.
Start will be near the FINISH GANTRY in race village
Race Start Times will be approximately;
10k & 10miles Canicross -09:00
Half marathon -09:10
10 Miles will start at 09.20
5k will start at 09:25
10k will start at 09:30
See you on SUNDAY 23rd JUNE to run around Lincolnshire's most beautiful course.
FAMILY TICKET ALLOWS 2 ADULTS & UP TO 4 CHILDREN
CHILD IS A PERSON UNDER 15 YEARS OLD ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT
EARLY BIRD PRICES GO UP 4TH FEBUARY 2019 (Full prices in brackets):
- Child £7.00 (£8.00)
- Adult (16yrs+) EA Affiliated £8.00 (£10.00)
- Adult (16yrs+) EA Non-Affiliated £10.00 (£12.00)
- Family (2 adults and 2 children) £32 (£38)
- Family (2 adults and 3 or 4 children) £39 (£45)
- Canicross/BNW £10.00 (£12.00)
- EA Affilliated £18.00 (£22.00)
- Non-EA Affilliated £20.00 (£24.00)
- Canicross/BNW £20.00 (£24.00)
- EA Affilliated £22.00 (£26.00)
- Non-EA Affilliated £24.00 (£28.00)
- Canicross/BNW £24.00 (£28.00)
- EA Affiliated £26.00 (£32.00)
- Non-EA Afilliated £28.00 (£34.00)
- BNW £28.00 (£34.00)
ON THE DAY ENTRY - AVAILABLE IF PLACES DON'T SELL OUT
5km - £10 CHILD / £15 ADULT
10km - £30
10 miles - £35
13.1 miles £40
We will inform you if places are likely to sell out with an update on here & across social media (for on the day entries).
Like our Facebook page to keep up to date with new events! ~ SBR Events Facebook page