The Longhorn 2021
The Racecheck award winning event 'The Longhorn' is a 5k, 10k, half marathon, full marathon, 50k or 60k Ultra trail run. Our 5k is family friendly with group tickets available. A beautiful trail run set in private areas of Sherwood Forest & the beautiful grounds of Thoresby Park; next to a Grade1 listed 19th Century country house in north Nottinghamshire; Thoresby Hall.
Running over old military roads, cleared tracks through ancient woodland and grassed paths around the country estate. The route includes a few hills to offer a small challenge around the course in the most scenic countryside & forest. The elevation is noted on the downloadable course map. The course has very firm hard ground if dry but a few muddy areas to run through when wet.
Canicross entries & Nordic Walkers are very welcome. Please ensure you enter under the specific category you wish to be with. Seperate cx start times to help avoid congestion and over taking.
10k - Due to the number of 10k runners we have introduced a wave of runners at 11am & 2pm. Please book into the correct wave.
The Ultra's will have an 8hr limit to complete the course & marathon a 7hr time limit. After that, you will not be permitted to continue another lap & we send an end runner round the course to ask marshals to stand down & to ensure last particpant returns safely. You will be able to leave kit bags under cover of a gazebo at race village so you can grab food, change of shoes, socks & any other kit you need every time you pass by (every lap).
Our chosen charity partner – Lincs & Notts Air Ambulance are kindly assisting with the baggage drop this year. We are politely asking for a minimum donation of £1 per bag. We hope you can support them by fundraising for this event using a charity place & by donating on the day.
The Lincs & Notts Air Ambulance is at the forefront of Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS) in the UK, attending an average of three potentially life-saving missions every single day, 365 days of the year.
"As a Charity we rely purely on public donations. We are not Government-funded and not part of the NHS. We provide the equivalent of an A&E department directly to the scene of some of the most serious and time critical 999 calls in Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire."
The Longhorn will have the following:
- 5k family run/walk
- 10k run race at 11am & 2pm (1 lap)
- 1/2 marathon run race (2 laps)
- Marathon run race (4 laps)
- 50k Ultra (5 laps)
- 60k Ultra (6 laps)
- Chip timing
- Regular water / feed stations around the course (for man & beast!)
- Toilets on course
- Route fully marshalled and signposted
- Distance markers
- Bespoke race finishers medal - new bling this year!
- Trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd man, woman
- Trophies for Veteran Winners; Male 40+ & Female 35+
- Canicross Winner Trophies
- Nordic Walking Winner Certificates
- Age group Certificates
- Certificates for ALL - sent by email
- Race photographer - free unlimited race photos
- Sports Therapist for free post race massage
- Full medical provision
- Ideal for novice through to elite
- Race village with hot food and beverages for sale
- Good Spuds providing high quality jacket potatoes, bacon butties & more!
- Little Sunshine Van providing home made cakes & hot drinks including specialist coffee & gluten free options
- Race partners at race village - to be confirmed
- Free onsite parking- please car share to save our environment.
- 50k & 60k Ultra - 8:30am
- Canicross 10k & Canicross half marathon - 9am
- Marathon - 9:30am
- 10k - in waves from 11.00 to 11.30am - fastest runners to the front. Please book into the 11am or 2pm wave
- Nordic Walkers Half Marathon only - approx 11.30am (at end of 10k waves)
- Half marathon - in waves from 11:50 to 12.05am
- 5k start 12.15pm
- 10k - in waves from 2pm - please book into the 11am or 2pm wave
- 5k Canicross start at beginning of 5k
- 5k & 10k Nordic Walkers join main field & start at back please (or where pace suits you most)
Steve Ashman from Ashman Media produced this video of the 2019 event - thank you : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FsivjMTZ5o&feature=youtu.be
Xenium Studios produced this video of the 2016 event (thank you) : The Longhorn 2016 - a short film
To enter under EA affiliation you must have a valid EA membership number at time of booking.
EARLY BIRD PRICES END MIDNIGHT Monday 1st November (full prices are in brackets)
ENTRIES CLOSE 4th APRIL 2021
- EA Affiliated £42 (£55)
- Non-EA Affiliated £44 (£57)
50k Ultra - (special introductory price)
- EA Affiliated £38 (£41)
- Non-EA Affiliated £40 (£43)
- EA Affiliated £35 (£40)
- Non-EA Affiliated £37 (£42)
- EA Affiliated £26 (£32)
- Non-EA Affiliated £28 (£34)
10k (11am & 2pm)
- EA Affiliated £18 (£22)
- Non-EA Affiliated £20 (£24)
5k family friendly run / walk
- EA Affiliated Adult £8 (£10)
- Non-EA Affiliated Adult £10 (£12)
- Child £7 (£8)
- Family ticket (2 adults & 2 children) £32 (£38)
- Family ticket (2 adults & 3-4 children) £39 (£45)
A pre race email will be sent to all participants 1-2 weeks before the event with full information.
ON THE DAY ENTRY WILL BE AVAILABLE - CASH ONLY PLEASE
- 5k Child - £10 / 5k 16+ - £15
- 10k - £30
- HM - £40
- Marathon - £50
- 50k Ultra - £55
- 60k Ultra - £60