Ashbourne SeeSaw 2023
The award winning - Ashbourne SeeSaw is a 5k, 10k, 10mile or half marathon out-and-back route along the Tissington Trail starting & finishing in the Ashbourne Leisure Centre car park. This is a beautiful route with amazing views from the former train line across the Derbyshire Dales. Enjoy the stunning views and abundance of wildlife.
The 5k run / walk is for all levels. This event can be a gentle stroll with the family or a race to get your 5km PB.
There will be waves of athletes to avoid congestion on the trail. These times may be subject to change.
EARLYBIRD PRICES END (TBC) - BOOK EARLY FOR BEST VALUE!
LATE ENTRY PRICES APPLY AFTER 6th FEB 2022
- 5k & 10k Canicross - 8.30 (to be off course approx 9.30am)
- 10mile & half marathon - 09:45
- 5k &10k - 10:00
Turn points are set up along the route at 2.5k, 5k, 5mile & 6.55 miles. Waterstations will be along the route. The route isn't flat as your outward section is a very gradual incline, but for every uphill there is a downhill!
The ground has a hard surface. It is firm & even in most places - The Tissington Trail is open to the public & there may be walkers & cyclists & horse riders using the trail.
COVID- 19 addtional safety measures will be reviewed in January 2023.
Car parking - there will be NO car parking available at Ashbourne Leisure Centre as the finish line & race village are held in the car park. Please use a public car park in Ashbourne. There are limited free parking spaces (max 4 hours) at Halfords just a few minutes walk away at Waterside Retail Park, Ashbourne, DE6 1DG. Please car share to save our environment.
We welcome Canicross Runners on 5k &10k - water stations will be provided to dogs regularly out on course & at Race Village. Your dog will need to wear a running harness & be used to running with you. Please clean up after your dog & keep on a lead at all times. Please book on in the correct distance (5k/10k) & use the Canicross category. Separate start time at 08:30am & run before everyone else ensuring there aren’t any dogs running on the course at the same time as other athletes. The trail is not wide enough to accommodate 2-way runners with Canicross runners at the same time.
BAG DROP - All donations will go to a local charity which will be confirmed nearer to the time of the event
The usual SBR Events fun is included and the following will be present at the event:
- Chip timing
- Limited free car parking 5-10min walk away
- Water stations along the course
- Route fully marshalled and signposted
- Distance markers
- Bespoke race finishers medal for everyone
- 5k & 10k & 10mile & HM Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd man & woman
- Certificates for all participants which are emailed out to you including age group placings
- Different certificates for Canicross have paw prints on them & details of your category
- Free post race massage from qualified sports therapists
- Free photos to download & share - from Marc Dewhurst
- Full medical provision
- Ideal for First-Timer to Elite
- Race Village with hot food and drink for sale
- Bespoke hoodies and T-shirts for sale
- Individual Entry £28 (£36)
- Individual Entry £24 (£30)
- Individual Entry £20 (£26)
5k family friendly run / walk
- Individual £12 (£15)
- Child £9 (£10)
- Family ticket (2 adults & 2 children) £38 (£45)
- Family ticket (2 adults & 3-4 children) £47 (£55)
ON THE DAY ENTRIES MAY BE AVAILABLE - WE WILL CONFIRM NEARER THE DATE
Late entry prices:
5k Child - £15
5k - £20
10k - £30
10m - £35
HM - £40
Like our Facebook page to keep up to date with new events! ~ SBR Events Facebook page